[fpc-pascal]About order of units...

XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz XHajT03 at mbox.vol.cz
Mon Sep 1 00:08:29 CEST 2003

From:           	L D Blake <ldblake at sympatico.ca>
To:             	Michalis Kamburelis <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org>
Subject:        	Re: [fpc-pascal]About order of units...
Send reply to:  	fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org
Date sent:      	Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:40:33 -0400

> > I simply think you're on
> > a bad track suspecting that your problems are originated from some
> > bugs in Windows unit.
>
> Ok, I can accept that... but now I'm left to wonder what is causing
> all those bizarre range checking errors and why my project's screens
> draw as they do. The most puzzling is how launching a file in a
> completely different program can cause range checking errors in mine.

I have one idea (although I'm no windows programmer). How do you play
sound files - using some kind of your own code, or relying on default
Windows handlers (i.e. installed Windows codecs)? If it's the latter,
you might be possibly using IE for playing your sound files even
without knowing it. That might be a possibility how starting IE might
influence your program.

Tomas