[fpc-pascal]gpm library compiled by default ?

Michalis Kamburelis michalis at camelot.homedns.org
Wed Oct 22 22:53:51 CEST 2003

James Mills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed the other day that one of my FPC programs which does not in
> anyway shape or form use the gpm or any mouse libraries actually
> requires the gpm library to be installed.
>
> It seems the fpc 1.0.10 is compiling programs and requiring libgpm to be
> installed.
>
> Why is this ?
>
> cheers
> James

Maybe you're using the Keyboard unit ? This unit uses Mouse in it's
implementation, and by default unit Mouse uses Gpm unit (that links to
libgpm). If you don't want to depend on libgpm you can recompile Mouse
with symbol NOGPM defined (or even with NOMOUSE defined since you don't
use mouse at all).

Michalis