[fpc-pascal]Cross-Compiling Debian/Linux -> FreeBSD

James Mills prologic at daisy.ods.org
Wed Oct 8 14:15:37 CEST 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 11:02:45AM +0200, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> > Is there an easy way of cross-compiling other than what I"m currently
> > doing (using a shell account), to cross-compile from Debian/Linux to
> > FreeBSD ?
>
> There are certainly ways, and you are in luck, I just did this last weekend.
> I'm writing an article about it for a German magazine, and am very
> interested how doable it is for a  common user.
>
> It is not hard. I generated linux and freebsd binaries on windows
>
> Some questions first:
> - Is your binary pure FPC, or does it link to C? If it links to C libraries
>    it goes out of my area of expertise.
Hrm,, unfortunately, it does use the SQLite library (www.sqlite.org). Is
it possible to link the library in the binary or do something else ?

In any case, if it's not possible at all with your current knowledge,
I'd like to know how it's done anyway for a pure FPC program :)

> - do you use 1.0.x or 1.1.x (I did it with 1.1.x, but 1.0.x is capable of it too)

Free Pascal Compiler version 1.0.10 [2003/08/18] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2003 by Florian Klaempfl