[fpc-pascal]TCP client required... List still active??

George Patterson george at visp.com.au
Mon Oct 6 13:22:38 CEST 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:08:27 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:

> The pfinger example that comes with the inet unit or the
> netdb unit give code for clients.

I tried compiling pfinger and it wouldn't work. Gave up...
Just tried it and realised that finger on this machine was running on
port 1079. I changed the code to reflect the IP port chnage and it
works. :-D

> If you want more extensive functionality, the synapse package
> (I think it is in the contributed units list) gives a full set of
> TCP/IP components. It works with FPC.

Reading through the pfinger source, the simple I/O of inet will suffice
for this working concept.

Considering it have been 12 years since I did any pascal programming,
I'm finding it straight forward, if a little wobbly

Thanks all...

George Patterson