[fpc-pascal]Just curious, is it possible to compile FreePascal under cygwin

Vincent Snijders VSDS at RND.VB.CBS.NL
Wed May 21 08:58:23 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I am just curious if it is possible to compile FreePascal under cygwin
> environment. Reason.... since Lazarus is heavily developed using Linux
> (and only
> usable under this OS), I want to use it while using Windows.

Even it could be compiled under cygwin environment, I don't think it
would help you much. The main problem with lazarus under Windows is the
widget interface. Under linux gtk is mainly used, but gtk under Windows
is just not compatible enough. That is why there is some work being done
on a native win32 widget set interface, but that is not as mature as the
gtk interface.

Regards,
Vincent Snijders.