[fpc-pascal]Virtual methods in asm block

paradice lawrence at paradicesoftware.com
Sun May 18 04:28:48 CEST 2003

Hi everyone -

is there any way to call a virtual method of a class from within an
assembler block/function/method?

I checked out FPC's generated-assembler source but it uses a
constant-offset, e.g.:

movl       (%esi),%edi
call       *92(%edi)

the "*92" is the offset for that particular method in the classes' VMT, but
is there any way I can obtain this number myself? (is it a named constant
anywhere?? I only need it at compile-time) Calling the method by name works
for that class but doesn't recognise "override" methods in descendents....

Thanks in advance...