[fpc-pascal]Memory Usage

James Mills prologic at prologitech.com
Mon May 12 11:13:08 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 11:00:22AM +0200, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On maandag, mei 12, 2003, at 11:00 Europe/Brussels, James Mills wrote:
>
> >>- memory leaks.  Proceed as Peter already explained.
> >But a 100Mb odd memory leak ? How is this possible, my program only has
> >a handlefull of getMem and reAllocMem calls throughout it.
>
> That could explain it, reallocmem() could in certain cases cause this
> behaviour in 1.0.6 and earlier. Have you already tried a 1.0.7
> snapshot? It should be fixed.

Ooooh, darnnit well that might explain a few things. I've never used
snapshots or installed FPC from the source. I use Debian, did use 1.0.4
then upgraded to SID and it had 1.0.6 .

When do you expect to upload a newer version into the Debian
repositories ? If it's a long way down the track I'll remove 1.0.6 and
install the latest snapshot instead.

cheers
James