[fpc-pascal]Interfaces, What am I doing wrong?

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Mon May 12 09:01:38 CEST 2003

Jon Sawyer schrieb:
> I'm trying to learn how to use Interfaces.  I'm going by Delphi's
> documentation.  I know that I'm ignoring GUIDs but as far as I can tell from
> the docs there not vital.  If there are how can I generate my own?? ^_^

I think there is a GUID generator included with Microsofts Platform SDK

> But I'm getting real stuck.  The doc's on Delphi's web page mentions NOTHING
> about implementing IUnknown's methods.   Do I have to?

Yes... The easiest way is to derive your implementation class from
TInterfacedObject. If you cannot use TInterfacedObject: Just use the
source of its implementation as a starting point for your code. AddRef
and Release are very easy to implement; if you need QueryInterface,
depends on your code. But it would be wise to implement QueryInterface
as well (which requires the usage of IIDs, of course).

- Sebastian