[fpc-pascal]File errors

James Mills prologic at prologitech.com
Mon May 5 12:11:32 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:52:46AM +0200, Peter Vreman wrote:

> >> You can check with diskfree() how much space is left on a disk
> >
> > Well the program I'm developing is irc services, any particular way
> > you'd reccomend recoding it so it doesn't crash because of a 'Disk Full'
> > error ?
>
> You can turn of io-checking and check the result of ioresult
>
> {$I-}
>  writeln(flog,logmessage)
> {$I+}
> if ioresult<>0 then
>  writeln(stderr,'Error writing to disk');

Is this considered good programming practise ? Reason I ask is that I
used to use borland's turbo pascal years ago and am aware of ioresult
but am interested in how people before me have done it (eg: on linux
systems).

The program I've been developing obviously have to be 100% stable :)

cheers
James