[fpc-pascal]Lazarus +FPC

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Mar 28 15:23:27 CET 2003

> > Though the amount of problems seems to decrease with each new fixes version, and
> > I hope that trend continues
>
> In future will we see Lazurs start to work with the normal FPC compilers
> without the additional need to download and install the a specially
> built compiler for it ?

That is hard to say:

- Problems occur randomly. If we knew them now exactly, we'd fix them, so
  there is no way one can guarantee that stock compilers will be 100%
  bugfree.
  But at least the fact that the rate seems to be dropping is hopeful.
- Lazarus is still developping quite fast, so that increases chances of
  discovering bugs.
- At some point there will be a transition from the 1.0 to the 1.1
  branch.

Installing snapshots isn't that hard anyway.