[fpc-pascal]RE: free pascal cross compiler from windows to linux

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 14:45:13 CEST 2003

--- Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > When I read files off a floppy, they are often all copied with
> > their executable bit set (which is annoying).
>
> You should be able to control this by adding the "noexec" or "exec"
>
> option to the floppy entry in your /etc/fstab file:
>
>   /dev/fd0  /floppy  auto   noauto,user,noexec 0   0
>

> Or from the command line (as root) :
>
>   umount /floppy
>   mount -o noexec /floppy
>   ls /floppy
>   umount /floppy
>   mount -o exec /floppy
>   ls /floppy

Cool, I'll give this a try.

-Alan

=====
A Congressman was once asked about his attitude toward whiskey.  "If you mean the demon drink that poisons the mind, pollutes the body, desecrates family life, and inflames sinners, then I'm against it. "

"But if you mean the elixir of Christmas cheer, the shield against winter chill, the taxable potion that puts needed funds into public coffers to comfort little crippled children, then I'm for it."

"This is my position, and I will not compromise."