[fpc-pascal]need help with the ide

A.J. Venter ajventer at direqlearn.org
Thu Jun 12 08:17:49 CEST 2003

This problem usually occurs when there is no library by that exact name.

It usually means a newer version is installed on your system. To fix
that do (as root):
ln -s  /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 /usr/lib/libncurses.so.4

That way you create a symlink from the newer (version 5) ncurses to the
older version 4. In effect telling programs that want to use version 4,
to use version 5 instead.

Marco et all. Shouldn´t we perhaps considder recompiling the IDE for
version 5 ? Version 4 is pretty ancient. I am not aware of compatibility
issues, but then, I don´t use the IDE, I code in vim.

A.J.