[fpc-pascal]GetMem crazy problem

Alan Mead cubrewer at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 23:22:10 CEST 2003

--- Eduardo Morras <nec556 at ave128.retena.es> wrote:
> At 12:46 10/06/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >I just looked at this again.  If you are really getting RTE 201
> then
> >it (probably) has nothing to do with the GetMem's.  It means you
> are
> >over-indexing your arrays or seomthing similar.  Good luck.
> >
> >-Alan
>

> That's what surprise me, so rechecked and yes, the rte is 201. I
> get the
> error when i don't check them for nil. If i chek the nil, the
> program never
> enters in the code. I use them to navigate throught lists
> structures
> defined as global. As said, if i define them as global too i
> get.... the
> GetMem works!!!...   and the rte 201 apears again. Perhaps i use
> them
> badly, but the main problem for me was the not allocation of memory
> for them.
>

> Also i use fpc 1.08

Is 1.0.8 available?  I just checked www.freepascal.org and it seems
like 1.06 is the current release.  You might try that version and see
if the problem goes away.

-Alan

=====
A Congressman was once asked about his attitude toward whiskey.  "If you mean the demon drink that poisons the mind, pollutes the body, desecrates family life, and inflames sinners, then I'm against it. "

"But if you mean the elixir of Christmas cheer, the shield against winter chill, the taxable potion that puts needed funds into public coffers to comfort little crippled children, then I'm for it."

"This is my position, and I will not compromise."