[fpc-pascal]Re: CGI Programming...

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Tue Jun 10 07:57:44 CEST 2003

Hi!

I read about your question "... if it is wise to use pascal..."...  :-)

Yes, it definitely IS. You have a very good programming language which allows
you everything you will normally need. And it is really EASY to write CGI
applications with it. - And it is highly reliable and does not have the
problems like "C" with easy to get memory lacks or buffer overflow
problems, and so on... It works perfectly and I never had problems.
Also you may use (in addition) SSI (server side includes) and hereby combine
multiple CGI's on one web page.
-- Of course, I am talking about Apache, Linux,... here.

Only to show you a little bit of usability:
I write WEB Applications since meanwhile 2 years with FreePascal and developed
hereby my own "mycgi unit" which includes parsing of one configuration file.
This file has the same name as the cgi binary but extension '.conf' instead of
'.cgi' and holds everything: fixed configuration parameters, and also an
unlimited number of HTML templates, and there is also some security code
inside, with a stong encryption of ID's and so forth, therefore I cannot
supply this unit to anybody.

 mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
|      \\|//              Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software |