[fpc-pascal]Synapse for FPC

Lukas Gebauer gebylist at mlp.cz
Fri Jul 25 08:34:56 CEST 2003

> > Core of this problems is not platform independency. Or not?
> In this particular example, the field was simply forgotton, and we'll
> add it. This is not a problem.

Great! ;-)

If I replay my discussion int very short form, then it is look as:

X> Synapse is not good, because it using lot of IFDEFS
I> Lot of IFDEFS is using for resolve incompatibility between Delphi
and FPC
X> This incompatibilities is because FPC supporting much more
platfrms.
I> Lot of this incomptibilities is not dependng on platforms.

I only try to explain, why I have lot of IFDEFS... I must create lot
of IFDEFS only because FPC is not very copatible with Delphi, and
this incompatibilities is not depending on multiplatform nature of
FPC.

Porting is not easy work. In this example, I use TSystemTime
structure, and FPC compiler get me error: "No! What you are using? I
need TSystemTime!" It must confuse lot of Delphi programmers. ;-/

One my mind... when FPC reporting error with expected data type, can
they report me where this data type is declared?

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: gebauerl at mlp.cz
http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/ - Ararat Synapse - TCP/IP Lib.