[fpc-pascal]How to use Linux libraries?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jul 24 16:25:19 CEST 2003

> | A Pascal translation of the jpg library is already included with FPC.
>
> I am afraid that this is implemented in Delphi Style?

I don't expect so. It is a straight C translation, which is not OOP by
nature.

The idea was to build classes on top of that.

> I am one of those old guys who still program in OOP style, so this will
> possibly become somehow difficult ...

> Is there something where you can point me to? Reading a lot of sources is
> relatively heavy. If you say that jpeg is already impleented - where
> exactly?

I'm sorry, it is not in FPC, at least I can't find it, I was probably
confused with  a sister package (paszlib ) which was absorbed into FPC.

Howrever the site is still up:

http://www.nomssi.de/pasjpeg/pasjpeg.html