[fpc-pascal]How to use Linux libraries?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Jul 24 11:51:24 CEST 2003

Hello!

Because I always wrote pascal programs which required no external code, I
never had to deal with this and have absolutely no knowledge about how to do
such things.
Please, be so kind and help me understanding how I can use external Linux
libraries.

What I basically want to do is:   Reading images into memory.

Because there are so many different jpg/tif formats, I gave up writing all
this code by myself and I would like to use one of the already existing
libraries instead.
The program shall simply read in a image file and store it in memory for
further processing, then write it out to a file again. WITHOUT ANY GUI.

Please, if somebody of you already has some code which shows me how to do
that, how to embed a library, how to call the library functions, etc., leave
me some code. It is much easier to understand than reading some highly
academic descriptions.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch