[fpc-pascal]Synapse for FPC

Lukas Gebauer gebylist at mlp.cz
Tue Jul 22 13:40:46 CEST 2003

> Is it synchranous/blocking or asynchranous? TCP/IP without threads is an
> interesting idea, but I wouldn't like to have to use it. I don't see how it
> could be usable in a real life app.

Synapse is blocking by default... but you can use it in non-blocking mode
too.

It is greately usable for command-line programs or for visual programs
where blocking operation is not a problem.

Threads you need only for visula programs with TCP/IP operations on
background or when you need create multithreaded servers.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: gebauerl at mlp.cz
WEB: http://www.ararat.cz/synapse - Synapse Delphi and Kylix TCP/IP