[fpc-pascal]Synapse for FPC

Lukas Gebauer gebylist at mlp.cz
Tue Jul 22 10:36:54 CEST 2003

> Why should we use your set of classes vs. another set of classes
> developer by person X ? :)
>
> Just a friendly question, I know there are a lot of TCP/IP suites
> around...

Why? It is not simple question. ;-)

Before a five years I need socket library for Delphi. In this time exists
only two good libraries.. ICS (but it is using asynchronous sockets) and
Winshoes (now it is called Indy). Yes, exists other libraries, but only
this will be freeware and opensource!

For my purposes indy looks good. but it is components. You must do lot of
things for install them to your system, etc. Indy is very huge and slow
library. And on mostly places it is very badly written. ;-(

Rather then using it I wrote my own library based only on units with non-
visual classes. It not need instalation, only add my unit to your 'uses'
and go! When my fiend from Delphree association see my work, then tell
me: "get your library for public, it is great!" Synapse was born!

By some years I create simple and fast implementation for lot of commonly
used protocols. Synapse is not only one of TCP/IP libraries, this is
technology leader. ;-) Yes, for example, Indy using lot of code based on
my Synapse now! Synapse is first free and opensource library with
solutions for email with automatic translating of charsets, Synapse is
first free library with native SNMP implementation, Synapse is first free
library with 'instant' IPv6 support, Synapse is first free library with
native LDAP client, etc.

Yes 'First free' in delphi world! But on FPC world I not see comparable
TCP/IP library. Really lot of people asking me: "Exists Synapse for FPC?"

FPC world now can use five years experience with Synapse from delphi
world. ;-)

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: gebauerl at mlp.cz