[fpc-pascal]FPC Debugging (with SQLite)

Olivier Coursière olivier.coursiere at laposte.net
Fri Jul 11 01:54:45 CEST 2003

Hi all !

> > How so ?
>
> James, he did *not* port this app to BeOS, some one else did. He
> wrote a
> Pascal interface to the version that that developer had ported to
> BeOS
> (you're following me right ;-). He therefore had no option but to use
> the
> version ported under BeOS, unless he ported a newer version himself,
> right?
> So therefore, he was only able to do the interface as per the version
> available to him. Therefore my comment. Do you understand? No
> trickery
> involved.
>
> Looking at the BeBits page, (http://www.bebits.com/app/3156),  2.7.1
> was the
> last port made (circa November 2002).

Under BeOS, the port is really easy : sqlite compile nearly out of the
box from official sqlite sources. I have succesfully compiled sqlite
2.8.3 two or three weeks ago (during the last thread about sqlite in
this list). Only one change was needed. I had only change
sqliteOsSleep's implementation to use snooze instead of usleep, not
available in Be's headers.

In fact, Eric's version is a quick port of TSQLIte component (available
at http://www.torry.net/db_directsql.htm) from Delphi and Windows to
FPC and BeOS (mainly removing Windows only functions and dynamic
and FPC users under Windows should use TSQLite component directly.

Now, there is also a DBExpress driver available for Delphi users (and
maybe kylix's one with some work ?).

> > It's been fixed there was no problem with his unit other than
> > the fact that, with the current version of SQLite the cMem unit was
> > needed in order because of the way SQLite uses memory.
>
> Cool. Let him know ;-)

Under BeOS, this unit is not necessary as far as i know (but not well
tested, only trivials samples). If someone have some code that show
this problem (and the improved wrapper), i can test them under BeOS.

Bye

Olivier