[fpc-pascal]FPC vs. GPC (was:FPC 1.0.6 and open arrays)

Preben Mikael Bohn preben at chin.dk
Tue Jan 28 17:41:57 CET 2003

> I suppose you have to pay that FPC is a Pascal->BIN compiler, whereas  GPC
> is a Pascal->C compiler...
> (also explaining why FPC supports less platforms, because the GCC guys  are
> doing the job ;-))

I'm quite sure that GPC is *not* a Pascal->C compiler, however it does use the
GCC-backend to some extend, but this is - as I see it - an advantage compared
to FPC.

Can FPC and GCC object files be linked together?

Best regards Preben

--
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.