[fpc-pascal]Re: 1. Mandrake & 2. FPC with WINE and crosscompiling

Arne Hanssen nite at c2i.net
Mon Jan 27 19:12:25 CET 2003

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:20:45 +0100 (MET), Holger Peterrs wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  1. At home I'm working with FreePascal for Windows. But in extra curricular
>  lessons, I work with Linux (Mandrake). I tried to install FreePascal for
>  Linux on this comuter, but it didn't work. For example there is no IDE and if I
>  start fpc in the console, there is no output. Is it because I am not logged in
>  as a root user? How can I solve this?

You must install as root.  'fpc' or 'ppc386' commands should invoke the
compiler.
As far as I know the IDE for Linux is not quite ready...  I use VIM to
edit my code.  Put this in your '.vimrc'-file:

  " Pascal syntax settings
  let pascal_vp=1
  let pascal_fpc=1
  " Set vim-make to run FPC compiler
  set makeprg=fpc.sh\ #<.pas

'fpc.sh' is my own shellscript:

  #!/bin/bash
  #mydef="DEBUG"
  mydef="RELEASE"
  ppc386 -d$mydef \
	-FE/home/arne/bin \
	FU/home/arne/bin/Units \
	Fu/home/arne/bin/Units \
	$*

Then I know where my executables and object files goes.

>  2. If there is no solution, can I run the windows version of FreePascal with
>  WINE and compile the programs for Linux (crosscompiling)? If yes, how can I
>  do this?

I should guess so (crosscompiling is also possible, but I've never tried to
set up fpc to do so).

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Arne Hanssen