[fpc-pascal]SetUid; PARANOIA

Anton Tichawa anton.tichawa at chello.at
Fri Jan 24 17:06:09 CET 2003

hello, csaba!

here you are:

<quote>
// ...
uses
  Linux;
// ...
function SetUID(UID: Longint): Longint;
var
  Regs: SysCallRegs;
begin
  Regs.Reg2 := UID;
  SetUID := SysCall(SysCall_nr_getuid, Regs);
end;
//...
</quote>

written by me some months ago.

a question to the fpc development team: i'm slowly getting paranoid, because
access to hw, i/o and system seems to vanish as the years pass. what is the
exact reason that setuid has not been implemented or wrapped in fpc?

anton.

On Friday 24 January 2003 14:36, Balázs Csaba wrote:
> Hello masters!
>
> I am new on maillist. I have got a question. A cannot find function called
> setuid() like in c++. In the source of compiler/units a have found a
> section where the linux like function declared. There is a contant called
> "syscall_nr_setuid", but it is NOT used in any function. A can declare a
> setuid function but i do not know which registers are user int this
> function.
> How can I switch to a low-level user (not root) after a fork()
> Can somebody help me?
>
> Regards!
> Balázs Csaba

----------

"Adas Methode war, wie sich zeigen wird, Tagträume in offenbar korrekte
Berechnungen einzuweben."

Doris Langley Moore: Ada, Countess of Lovelace (London 1977).

Anton Tichawa
Volkertstrasse 19 / 20
A-1020 Wien
phone: +43 1 218 97 59