[fpc-pascal]Re: fpc-pascal digest, Vol 1 #1646 - 4 msgs

vkrish at vkrish.cjb.net vkrish at vkrish.cjb.net
Tue Jan 7 15:27:46 CET 2003

> > > From: Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be>

> > I'm thinking of a UI toolkit along the lines of Eclipse's SWT.
>
> We've looked at that, but the problem with that is that the streaming
> support will be hard to implement.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question: why should streaming support be implemented at all for a gui toolkit ?

If you are talking about the persistence of gui forms, then a suitable XML DTD can be designed for saving them. (eg: glade, Qt and recently GNUstep are all doing that successfully.)

On a different subject: why do interfaces in FPC inherit from IUnknown ? Is this for supporting COM ? If objects are not reference counted why then interfaces are ?

> > btw, what happened to the fpgfx/fpgui effort ?
>
> This is delayed, but will be picked up again really soon.
This is good news. The screenshots looked nice.

cheers,
-Krish
First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you
and then you win
 - "Mahatma" Gandhi.