[fpc-pascal]Linking to Windows

Hans MÃ¥rtensson hm at os.dk
Tue Feb 4 23:18:43 CET 2003

At 05:46 04-02-2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello, List!
>
>On Monday 03 February 2003 21:14, you wrote:
>
>> According to the Free Pascal Programmers manual chapter 4.1 it is possible
>> to specify an external Windows function with:
>> Procedure ProcName(Args: TProcArgs); external 'Name' index SomeIndex
>>
>> But where can I get information on which function has which index in which
>> DLL?
>
>Just try without the "index SomeIndex". I think you don't even need the
><Name> if it matches the pascal name. But I'm almost sure it will work
>without mentioning the index.

That sounds simple ... problem is that it doesn't work that way.
If I omit 'Name' I get a linking error.
If I put in some 'Name', I get the run time error: Missing Name.DLL.
So it looks like there has to be the reference to the correct DLL file.

>If you really need indices, you might find them in microsoft's (API?)
>documentation.

I hoped so, but I cannot find them in Microsoft's home page.

Hans M.