[fpc-pascal]1.0.6 problem

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Mon Feb 3 13:37:34 CET 2003

On maandag, feb 3, 2003, at 13:24 Europe/Brussels, James Mills wrote:

> I just recently upgraded to FPC 1.0.6 (Debian testing-SID), one of my
> programs now doesn't compile because of this error.
>
> functions.pas(42,2) Error: Incompatible types: got "<unknown type>"
> expected "<procedure variable type of
> function(PSTRING,LONGINT):AnsiString;>"

The reason that it compiled in 1.0.4, was a bug in that version of the
compiler. You can compile this code as-is in TP or Delphi mode. In FPC
or ObjFPC mode, you have to add an "@" in front of the procedure names
to get their addresses. In version 1.0.4, this extra @ in FPC mode was
already enforced in normal code, but not in typed constants. This
inconsistency was fixed in 1.0.6.

Jonas