[fpc-pascal]About order of units...

Peter Vreman peter at freepascal.org
Sun Aug 31 09:50:46 CEST 2003

> > h2pas is only a helper program that does the major part of C header
> > translation. It uses longint by default as parameter type for
> > macro's.  When you want to have correct macro's you need to create/edit
> > them manualy.
>
>Yep... I know.  But it occurs to me that whoever did the conversion didn't
>check very carefully.

When the windows unit was created it was more important to get the compiler
running correct natively under windows. After that nobody took care of
walking the whole windows unit because it is a boring job to do. The
windows unit worked for us and the users didn't report problems so it
stayed that way. The current developpers have other priorities that they
want to do than updating the windows unit. FPC is open source so you are
welcome to supply patches to fix the windows unit.

Peter