[fpc-pascal]Debugging FPC

jonas at freepascal.org jonas at freepascal.org
Fri Aug 22 16:51:27 CEST 2003

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, James Mills wrote:

> (gdb) b HANDLEERRORFRAME
> Function "HANDLEERRORFRAME" not defined.
>
> It doesn't define whatever HANDLEERRORFRAME is though, so what Jonas
> said won't work...

Of course, I forgot that the RTL we distribute doesn't contain symbol
information. Go to the rtl/linux sources directory (I don't know offhand
where the sources are installed under Linux), type "make OPT="-g", and
then compile your program with -Fu<path_to_rtl_you_just_compiled>. Now it
will link to an rtl with full debug information and you will be able to
place breakpoints in the rtl.

Jonas