[fpc-pascal]win32 server socket problem

Balázs Csaba csbalazs at ccs.hu
Fri Aug 15 10:24:27 CEST 2003

I found a problem at night, and ia cannot solve it in 5 hours.

I wrote the simple server side on linux (socket, bind, listen.... accept). I
connect to this server with a simple Delphi5 client on port 2001 (i tried
any other). The "while (not eof(sin))" stops and waits for the forst packet,
and so on.
But on windows (with win32 compiler) the same program can read garbage data
from sin (text type) and the data is infinity, so i cannot be the end of
data.
What is the difference betwwen win32 and linux socket units? What can I do
to compile the program perfectly on win32?
// I tried to use file against text sin, sout, and read it by blockread, but
it was the same.

Thanx! Best regards
#Tsch : Balázs Csaba