[fpc-pascal]Question to the offical fpc book

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Apr 30 13:29:44 CEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 timmer at timmerca.com wrote:

> > > I think that this suggestion is quite good. First, the comments to the
> > > php functions contain often helpful hints and tricks. Further,
> > > suggestions and comments to the docs are very close to the contents.
> > > It's much harder to search the mailing lists and forum. I think also
> > > that such a system encourages users to comment the docs which is helpful
> > > to improve them. Maybe it's worth a try?
> >
> > No.
>
> Michael,
>
> I have to say I'm surprised at your flat-out rejection of an idea that has
> been seconded by more than one other user.  No one is asking you to do
> anything.

I am the webmaster of the FPC site. So if anything like that must be
maintained on the FPC website, it will be by me. It's not hard to set
this up initially, but maintaining it is another matter, and I have no
time or wish to do so.

> If you don't think it's a good idea, don't participate.  Mailing
> lists like this exist for users like me and AJ Venter and Florian Klaempfl
> to come up with new ideas and discuss them as a group.  Your negativity is
> hard for me to understand.

But I just answered  'No' to the asked question. You're free to bring up
arguments, of course. However, I agree it may have sounded too 'final',
so please accept my apologies if that was the case...

> That aside, I believe the idea is a good one, and I know PHP very well, and
> I run a few UNIX servers that I can happily toss such a site on without
> costing me or anyone else a dime.

I disagree with your opinion, but feel free to do so, I have no problems with
that.

Michael.