[fpc-pascal]Forward type declaration

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Wed Apr 23 21:35:41 CEST 2003

Hi!

Currently I'm translating libusb for FPC. Therefore I used "h2pas".

libusb has two types called usb_device and usb_bus. Both are records.
Each of them has fields, which have ^usb_device and ^usb_bus as types.
So there is a cross type reference between these two records.

In C they simply build a forward type declaration ("struct usb_device;
struct usb_bus;"). In FPC unfortunately this is not possible. Is this
correct?

Are there any plans to add forward type declarations?

BTW: h2pas crashes with runtime error 216 when it encounters incomplete
type definitions like the above mentioned "struct"s. I'm using the
Debian 1.0.6-1 package of fp-compiler and all other parts.

Bye
  Hansi

--
Johann Glaser   <Johann.Glaser at gmx.at>