[fpc-pascal]null parameters on Win32

Adam Naumowicz adamn at math.uwb.edu.pl
Thu Apr 17 15:51:59 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Armin Diehl wrote:

> checked it with 1.0.8-pre1 win32 and the current 1.1 win32, works fine.

Thanks, this probably means that, indeed, it has been fixed.
BTW, I happened to use Win98, on what Win32 platform did you check it?
I suppose such basic thing like program parameters is handled by the
kernel procedures, and AFAIK various winbloze flavours are not fully
compatible...

> > I've just noticed that with FPC 1.0.6 on Win32
> > one cannot pass empty string as a parameter - Access violation in
> > SYSWIN32_SETUP_ARGUMENTS.
> > I've just tried:
> >
> > program tester;
> > begin
> > end.
> >
> > .\tester ""
> > Runtime error 216 at blah blah blah
> >
> > Is this issue fixed in 1.0.7 or 1.1 ?

Still, I'll be more than grateful if someone from the developers could
comment on that. If it has really been fixed in development releases after
1.0.6, I'd like to know what was the cause of the error.
Best wishes,

Adam Naumowicz

Department of Applied Logic            fax. +48 (85) 745-7662
Institute of Computer Science          tel. +48 (85) 745-7559 (office)
University of Bialystok                e-mail: adamn at mizar.org
Sosnowa 64, 15-887 Bialystok, Poland   http://math.uwb.edu.pl/~adamn/