[fpc-pascal]RTC with Free Pascal

Christophe Espern cespern at free.fr
Wed Apr 16 15:52:43 CEST 2003

Le mer 16/04/2003 à 14:38, Jonas Maebe a écrit :

> Yes, they are simply reading from a device (which is done exactly the
> same as reading from a file, also in Pascal) and using some ioctl's
> (which is available in the linux unit).

Yes but the rtc.h has some constants which seems not available under
FPC. For example :

#define RTC_UIE_ON	_IO('p', 0x03)	/* Update int. enable on
#define RTC_UIE_OFF	_IO('p', 0x04)	/* ... off

I don't know what means the _IO functions and the "p" param. h2pas can
convert this h file.

As I like danger I try with only the hexa values (ie:$03) for and it
fails

Here is the ugly code :)

program testrtc;

uses Sysutils,Linux;

var
   retval:boolean;
   i, irqcount:integer;
   tmp, data :longint;
   fd:integer;
begin

  fd:=fileopen ('/dev/rtc', fmOpenRead);

if (fd=-1) then begin
	writeln(stderr,'/dev/rtc');
	exit;
end;

retval:= ioctl(fd,$03, 0);
if (retval = false) then begin
	writeln('error open');
	exit;
end;

retval:= ioctl(fd,$04, 0);
if (retval=false) then  begin
	writeln('error close');
	exit;
 end;

fileclose(fd);
end.

--

Moreover what about sched_set_scheduler under FPC ? Does someone try to
use it ?

Cheers,

Christophe