[fpc-pascal]Exit codes of called programs.

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.ugent.be
Wed Apr 16 15:39:22 CEST 2003

On woensdag, apr 16, 2003, at 15:28 Europe/Brussels, A.J. Venter wrote:

> OK so shell is out, after all I am not all that concerned with how bash
> exited. Assignstream as well. I did not even know that dos exec could
> work under Linux, I somehow seem to think this is a less than adequate
> approach though.

The "dos" unit is simply an implementation of Borland's Dos unit, ie.
it has the same interface, but the implementation is completely
OS-dependent. There's nothing bad about using it under Linux or Win32.
It doesn't allow you to capture the output of a program though. popen()
(in the Linux unit) does, but I don't know whether it allows you to get
the exit code. Check the documentation (units.pdf).

Jonas