[fpc-pascal]class variable

Anton Tichawa anton.tichawa at chello.at
Fri Apr 4 08:43:46 CEST 2003

Hello!

>   Can any tell me if there's "Class Variable" in free pascal like in java?
>   I mean, in java, you can declare a class memeber to be "static", all
> instance of this class share the same variable memory. Such a member can be
> accessed through class name without any instantiation.
>   Does free pascal will add such a feature in the future?

AFAIK, class variables are not supported yet, nor are class properties. But
it's possible to use class methods, which in turn access a global variable.

hth,

Anton.

----------

"Adas Methode war, wie sich zeigen wird, Tagträume in offenbar korrekte
Berechnungen einzuweben."

Doris Langley Moore: Ada, Countess of Lovelace (London 1977).

Ing. Anton Tichawa
Volkertstrasse 19 / 20
A-1020 Wien
phone: +43 1 218 97 59