[fpc-pascal]Loading/Unloading pascal libs at runtime

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Sep 16 13:38:20 CEST 2002

Hi,

I want to load/unload object pascal libs into object pascal programs at runtime.

I tried the following:
- created a base lib with the registration system (with ppumove)
- created a program, that uses the base lib (compiled with -XD)
- created an extra lib, that uses the base lib (also ppumove)

Everything compiled+linked without any error.
Now I load in the program at runtime the extra lib via 'dlopen'. That works, if the extra lib does not use anything from the fpc packages like RTL, FCL, ... .
If I use something from the fpc packages, I get a linker error. For example:

dlerror:/pascal/ext1_lib/lib/libext1.so: undefined symbol: FPC_ANSISTR_ASSIGN

What am I doing wrong?
Or: Can someone point me to another solution to load/unload code at runtime?

thx in advance,
Mattias Gaertner