[fpc-pascal]mc usage with fpc (was: Editor under Linux (not using XWindows))

Andreas K. Foerster akf1 at AKFoerster.de
Sat Sep 14 10:33:52 CEST 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 07:21:05PM +0200, Sebastian Günther wrote:

> stupid question, how exactly can you define macros for external
> applications?

Exactly? RTFM

I just can tell you how I do it - there might be much better ways.

I've put the following into the extention file:

# Pascal
regex/\.(pas|PAS|pp|p)$
        Open=fpc %{FPC parameters:} %f
        View=%view{ascii}

I normally edit the file by selecting it and pressing F4,
then I save the file and leave the editor,
and then I only have to press Enter twice and the file compiles.

Hint: when you use the command line in mc, you just need to press
Alt + Enter to include the selected filename.

P.S.: The docs also tell about an "extension dependent pop-up menu",
but I don't know, how to get that. Does anybody know?

--
Tschuess
	Andreas