[fpc-pascal]How to write GUI programs?

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Wed Sep 11 00:12:34 CEST 2002

Hi Rainer,

> I find it also very impressive that the code size is relatively small. I saw
> samples for Qt, where such things required much more commands! - And this is
> exactly what kept me away from GUI coding all the time: Writing half a 'book'
> to open a stupid window...
>
> But now, a big problem arises to me:
> Basically, your examples made me doing the decision to use GTK. ->  :-)
> But WHEN I start with GTK, I will have to get something like a 'User guide'
> for all this GTK related stuff, if possible with simple examples, as Michael
> V. Kenneyt did with his "FreePascal Book".

Somewhere inside the Free Pascal site you'll find a link to a GTK+ on FPC tutorial which is very good. Actually you can use any GTK+ tutorial you find on the net, because although they are written in C the GTK+ API is the same on Pascal.

Look into www.freepascal.org and www.gtk.org and if you cannot find nothing write me again I'll try to give you some more specific pointers.

[]s, Fernando Lozano