[fpc-pascal]self

Ingmar Tulva juss_it at ut.ee
Wed Oct 23 18:04:13 CEST 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Adam Naumowicz wrote:

}Exactly, it's useful when you want to copy a whole object at a time + VMT.
}As it used to be a 100% valid Pascal expression for some twenty years, my
}original question was why it was forbiden in FPC 1.1. Can it be restored
}(for the sake of Borland compatibility for instance) ?

So it really copies VMT pointer? Creepy :-) But well, I agree, if it is
allowed in TP and even useful, it would probably be better to allow
it in FPC, too.

Ingmar Tulva