[fpc-pascal]linking problem for units on linux

Andrea Weikert andrea_weikert at t-online.de
Wed Oct 9 21:52:32 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to port a small old turbo-pascal program to linux and I'm having a
few problems to link with the unit crt. This also happens with a 'Hello
World' type of program if I use crt stuff like gotoxy.
I had fpc working all right under Suse Linux 6.3, but now I've upgraded to
Suse Linux 8.1 and reinstalled fpc and have these problems.

I have installed the rpm package, but I believe I might have a library
missing, so I'd be thankful for a pointer in the right direction.
(maybe an older library no longer available?)

many thanks,
Andrea Weikert

----
Linking hello
crt.o: In function 'crt_SetTerminal':
crt.o: undefined reference to '_p_filehandle'
crt.o: In function 'Textmode':
crt.o: undefined reference to 'crt_window'
crt.o: undefined reference to 'crt_clrscr'

hello.o: undefined reference to '_CRT$$CLRSCR'
hello.o: undefined reference to '_CRT$$_GOTOXY$BYTE$BYTE'
hello.o: undefined reference to 'INIT$$CRT'
hello.o: undefined reference to 'FINALIZE$$CRT'

---
hello.pas
---
program hello;