[fpc-pascal]IDE hangs

Adam Naumowicz adamn at math.uwb.edu.pl
Sat Oct 5 13:44:59 CEST 2002

Hello,
I've never used the Win32 FPC IDE before, but yesterday I recommended it
to my students. Unfortunately, to my horror, the IDE hangs unexpectedly
all the time. It happened on many computers running Win98, very
irregularly, just after some typing, compiling, closing the editor and
opening it again, etc. No customization is involved, just deafults as
shipped within w32106full.zip. The cpus are PII, 64 MB of RAM.
I believe, it just cannot be that unstable to require restarting windoze
every 5 minutes ;-)
Any idea what can cause that?

Best regards,
Adam Naumowicz

Department of Applied Logic            fax. +48 (85) 745-7662
Institute of Computer Science          tel. +48 (85) 745-7559 (office)
University of Bialystok                e-mail: adamn at mizar.org
Sosnowa 64, 15-887 Bialystok, Poland   http://math.uwb.edu.pl/~adamn/