[fpc-pascal]CPU rel2rev22 released

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at yline.com
Wed May 29 20:54:21 CEST 2002

Hi,

  I updated my CPU package a little - it is now release2revision22.

It is a small x86 cpu detection library. It should compile on following
Pascal compilers:
- Delphi 2-6 (tested 5 / 6 Personal) Win32 target
- Freepascal 0.99.15+ (tested 1.0.6 / 1.1 Win32) for Win32/ OS/2 /
GO32V2 / Linux targets (possibly others)
- VP 2.1b (Win32 target, possibly DOS/Linux)

I think it should do its job with Kylix as well, since it's a non GUI
library anyway.

Added/Changed the following things:
  - added delphi6 support
  - some code to allow overloading for delphi6
  - "Pending Break Event" capability added
  - some new processor type strings added
  - hopefully fixed final 'millisecond' vs. 'milisecond' problems ^__-
in cputest.pas
  - cpu_id_string() and related constants were introduced to allow
runtime version
  retrieval
  - updated example programs to use the previously mentioned function
  - added a few lines in the accompanying text documentation

Thanks go to Lee John.

Get it from http://members.yline.com/~tom_at_work/index.html (also: pdf
docs)

Alternatively use the direct link
http://members.yline.com/~tom_at_work/cpudist.zip (67k or so, source
only)

If you have any problems, suggestions, etc. feel free to drop me a mail
at tom_at_work at yline.com

Regards,
  Thomas