[fpc-pascal]IDE cfg files

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue May 7 23:43:13 CEST 2002

>   I just dl'ed and install 1.0.6 as well as the IDE for Linux. WHen using
> the IDE to try to compile the INET test program the IDE complains it can't
> find the INET unit even though the path to it and the RTL are in the
> directories of the IDE. My fpc.cfg file is in /etc and the path to the
> INET unit is there as well.
> Where does the IDE/Compiler look for cfg files ?

Afaik the IDE config is independant of the compiler config.

Compiler: fpc.cfg
ide  : fp.cfg/fp.ini/fp.dsk

Think of the FPC compiler as a basic "compiling" library.

ppc386, the IDE, and Lazarus are independant programs, using that library
for compiling.

For the IDE, setting the compiling paths are set in
"options -> Directories -> unit directories" much like -Fu on the command line.