[fpc-pascal]Porting a TP DOS application with ASM module

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Fri May 3 23:25:19 CEST 2002

I have inherited an old MS-DOS application written in Turbo Pascal and
Assembler. Clearly the TP code could be processed by FPC but how do I deal
with the assembler module? This is a separate file and I presume was
written with TASM. Defines lots of external functions/procedures.

However, as part of my inheritance I want now to move this application to
Linux so I will probably have to hack the assembler about. Much of the
assembler code messes with hardware issues such as keybopard interupts and
accessing video memory; neither of which Linux will like me doing. A
similar brief exists to get this code working with Microsoft Windows
NT4/2000 so the rewritten assembler module needs to be re-usable.

The original application was written by someone else and much as I would
not have done it that way it is essential that, at least for a while, I
use as much of the same (TP) code as possible.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!