[fpc-pascal]Calling intr from Windows

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Fri Mar 15 02:49:12 CET 2002

Hi Tomas,

> > The Win32 API has a call to use DOS and BIOS interrupts. I Thought the
> > DOS unit on these systems should have used this call. So there are two
> > functions (intr and msdos) on the DOS unit for Win32 that do not work
> > at all?
>
>  Is there really something like "Win32 API" (I mean a consistent set
> of interface functions working everywhere, where that API is
> supposedly supported)? ;-)))

There's something that is published as "Win32 API". You can download the
docs from microsoft.com. :)

> I'm no Win32 kean myself, but I'm almost
> sure there's no function to use DOS and BIOS interrupts under
> WinNT/2000/XP.

Of course this does not exists on NT (2000 and XP being just NT 5.x).
But this exists for Windows 95/98/ME.

>  Anyway - Intr and MsDos functions are only present in the Dos unit
> for Win32 to keep interface parts of the Dos unit identical across
> supported platforms. They do absolutely nothing, as you can see from
> that unit's sources.

If they do nothing how could they generate crashes on some of my test?

[]s, Fernando Lozano