[fpc-pascal]VESA modes in fpc for win32

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jan 31 13:33:39 CET 2002

> On maandag, januari 28, 2002, at 07:22 , Victor V. Shuvalov wrote:

> > The problem with win32 and graph is that I can't use Crt in graphics
> > mode
> > (you have to switch to text window and press keys there :-). FAQ
> > recommends
> > WinCrt instead, but WinCrt is not working in text mode (ch:=keypressed
> > causes the program to hang)! So there's no chance to use Crt procedures
> > and
> > function both in text and graphics mode, which seems to be a big
> > problem.
> > Is there any way to fix this problem?
>
> I don't know. Maybe you could look at the fpctris sources (it's one of
> the demo's), I think it also uses both the graph and crt unit.

Yes, but he wants to sometimes be in graph mode, and sometimes not.

This doesn't work afaik. FPCTris is either pure text, or {$APPMODE GUI} and
pure Graph.

That FAQ item is written after I figured it out for fpctris/samegame etc.
(with Florians help IIRC)

Original poster: If you look at fpctris, be sure to get them from CVS