[fpc-pascal]forward declaration of classes

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jan 17 16:00:32 CET 2002

Hi all,

If I forward define a class, e.g. 'TMyForwardClass = class;', in the interface section and put the real definition in the implementation section, the compiler gives a

test1.pas(144) Warning: test1.ppu Interface CRC changed 1718528929<>2054119697

but it compiles.
I'm not sure if this is wanted. Definitions in the implementation section should not be visible, but this way I could use the class internals of TMyForwardClass in an another unit, as if the class is defined completely in the interface section.

What is the bug and what should be the right behaviour?

I think, bug 1599 is something similar.

Mattias Gaertner