[fpc-pascal]Versions

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu Jan 17 12:01:53 CET 2002

> I want to know how th version numbers work. What is the first release
> number ?
> I am working on a library and I want to know about that.
> thanx

There is an entry in the faq about this, but:

Before 1.0: All kinds of mechanisms. Even with letters postfixed. (0.99.14c)

Starting with 1.0: Like linux.

First number : major version.
second number: odd if development, even if release (stable) branch.
third number : sequence number of the release in this branch.

So 1.1  -> working title for the development that will lead to 1.2.x series.
1.0.x  -> releases for the "production" versions. Mostly bugfixes from
version to version, and compability enhancements.