[fpc-pascal]Smartlinking fpc 1.0.4 (Linux).

Arne Hanssen nite at c2i.net
Mon Jan 14 21:46:06 CET 2002

Thus spoke Chuck welch (borg at rapfire.net):

> At 10:08 PM 1/19/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >I've just installed FPC v. 1.0.4 ("upgrading" from v. 1.0.2)
> >and is experiencing some problems:
> >
> >1. Smartlinking of the RTL seems to be disabled.
> >   Is that correct or have I left out something?
> >
> >2. I'm calling fpc with the following script
> >
> >    #!/bin/bash
> >    mydef="RELEASE"
> >    ppc386 -d$mydef \
> >           -FE/home/arne/bin \
> >           -FU/home/arne/source/pascal/Units \
> >           -Fu/home/arne/source/pascal/Units \
> >           $1 $2 $3 $4 $5
>

> >   but fpc doesn't place resulting files in the ../Units
> >   directory.  Neither does it obey the -d parameter - but
> >   if I give it on the command line, it seems to be accepted.
> >   I've been using this for a long time - any idea why it won't
> >   work now?
>
> Thanks

For what???

As for my problem mentioned above (old message), my script was
named 'fpc' which is also the name of a script introduced with
1.0.4 - and was called instead of my script (silly me).

Regarding smart linking:  Mandrake Linux does not only include
fpc (1.0.4) but its .rpm has smartlinking enabled!  :-)

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards     |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway       /,`--''        \-,,__,'/