[fpc-pascal] Mystery

Adam Naumowicz adamn at math.uwb.edu.pl
Tue Feb 19 02:30:21 CET 2002

Hello,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, gj bart wrote:
>      I guess it doesn't get any more fundamental than this, but...
> When I open the folder dosw32104full and further go into folders demo and
> text, and finally click some pascal source files (hello.pp, qsort.pp) I'm
> sent into the dev-pas ide.  Since dev-pas is no longer supported, I guess
> I'd like to use freepascal stuff exclusively.  Obviously I'm confused
> about something (more like several things) so can somebody shed some light
> on what's going on?  Thanks.

It just shows that you have that ide associated with *.pp files in your
Windoze registry. If you want to change this behaviour just go to
something like:
'Settings->Folder Options->File Types' (I'm not 100% sure since I don't
have a Win32 machine at hand) and tell Windows to open Pascal
files with another editor of your choice.
Hope this will help,
Adam Naumowicz